Saturday 20 August 2011

Mars bar cake!

Yesterday, after Iftar, with a little help from my friends (sisters), I made mars bar cake. My Mum recently bought us a bag of funsize mars bars, so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to try making the cake. I came across the recipe from Fatimah from notes and cupcakes.

The ingredients:
  • 3 standard mars bars (we had fun sized ones and used 9)
  • 2 tbsp golden syrup
  • 3oz butter
  • Enough Rice Krispies to coat
  • 200g milk chocolate, melted
Method:


I got all my ingredients together, then I measured out 3oz of butter:



This is 200g of Cadbury's Milk Chocolate:


The Golden Syrup and the Mars Bars:




 The butter, the golden syrup and the mars bars were placed into a pan until they melted:


Tip: I cut the Mars Bars up so that they'd melt quicker:


The mixture melting:

I put two bowls of Rice Krispies into a glass bowl. Once the above mixture melted, I poured it into the glass bowl and mixed:

The recipe says use a tin but we didn't have one that'd be deep enough, so we decided to use a glass tray-thingy instead. We poured the coated Rice Krispies into the tray and flattened them down:


We broke up the Milk chocolate into small pieces and placed it in a glass bowl. The glass bowl was placed on top of a pan containing boiling water, so the chocolate would melt:



My Mum poured the melted chocolate out of the bowl and smoothed it down onto the Rice Krispies:




We left it in the fridge overnight to set:


We made a little Rice Krispie cake too. We used to make these a lot when I was younger:


And of course we had to make sure the bowl was clean :P


When we got up for Sehri, I took the tray out the fridge and it looked like this:




 My Mum cut it into squares. This is the final product:



It tasted SO nice! I seriously would urge you to try it if you can. I thought it was going to be too sickly or chocolatey but it wasn't. Even my Dad- who normally doesn't like chocolate-based deserts loved it!


PS: if you were reading this whilst fasting I really hope it didn't make you too hungry!

No comments: