Sunday 26 February 2012

Thank you and goodbye

They say that all good things come to an end, and, with that in mind, it's time for me to bid farewell to this blog.

I have a number of reasons for leaving. Firstly, this blog was set up in order for me to come to terms with my hypothyroidism. This blog has achieved its purpose in that sense in that I've accepted and come to terms with my thyroid disease, although at first I had many frustrations regarding it.

Secondly, I've reverted back to being interested in politics & current affairs, especially since I joined Twitter. The posts on here regarding feminism especially have meant that this blog had a sudden change in direction, and I was unsure as to what was next for this blog. I have been cotemplating this for a while, but I feel now's the right time to move away from this blog and start a new one, hosted by Wordpress. So I'm not disappearing from the blogosphere completely, and if you like, you can join me over at http://noorulannshahid.wordpress.com/ , which is already up and running.

I also think that Blogger is a space for personal, journal-type blogging, whilst a lot of people who blog news/politics use a Wordpress one. So that's another reason for my switch over. Also, our student newspaper called PULP recently came to a sudden halt, so it's given me the perfect opportunity to start my own Wordpress blog that I can really focus on.

I'm not deleting this blog- I just won't be posting here any longer. I've had so much fun getting to know you all and receiving comments from you. I'll still be keeping up with your blogs (hopefully), and if you want to, I'll hopefully hear from you on my new blog.

No comments: