Sunday 14 March 2010

Approaching Anniversary

It has almost (two weeks to go!) been two years since my diagnosis of hypothyroidism.

I have come a long way, but still have a long way more to go. "Sometimes I feel like shit, sometimes I wanna quit and just be normal for a bit " (Fort Minor, where'd you go) but overall, I feel so much better.

For the first time in two years, I feel like I have accepted my hypothyroidism.
I am no longer fighting or ignoring it, but acknowledging the fact that this will be with me with the rest of my life- whether I like it or not. It's up to me to deal with this, and as long as I put my mind to it, I can do anything.

  1. It started off happy- to have finally found the answers to all my problems in life. It then became a struggle for survival as I experienced side-effects to the medication. I felt like a baby again, I was back to square one. Although I blame my thyroid for pretty much everything, I could not accept the fact that I had this condition. I blamed it for ruining my AS results, for preventing me from getting to uni. But I did not realise the sooner I accepted it, the quicker I would be able to move on with my life. 
  2. The middle part was a bit of a blur. From vertigo to anaemia to vitamin D defiiciency to insomnia.. this part was one hell of a rollercoaster! I honestly do not know how I got through it all alive! 
  3. The final part was at uni. I had moved out and realised that I was going to have to take care of myself and take responsibility for once in my life. It was a struggle at first, but moving out and uni have made me a better person. Even though I'm nearing the end of my first year, I have learnt so much. I have become more confident, stronger in faith and I believe in myself now.

I pray that this feeling lasts or maybe gets stronger. And I seek comfort in the fact that God has put me through this as a test, and he knows that I can get through this, so if he believes I can do this, then I should. I feel like celebrating, doing something special this year. Cutting a cake! anything! It is definitely cause for celebration! :)


 I want a butterfly cake. This one looks yummy

This one looks easy to make- a load of cream with smarties on it! haha

This one is perfeccctt!


In case you're wondering what's with all the butterflies, the thyorid gland has been said to resemble a butterfly...

Sunday 28th March will be my second year anniversary.

No comments: