Sunday 30 October 2011

I wanna sing, I wanna shout, I wanna scream till the words dry out

It's a Sunday. Relax day for some, but not for me. I've been up since the morning, I've sent off an application for an internship, I'm currently editing articles for PULP (our student newspaper), I've got to finish revising for a stats test tomorrow, I need to write a type up a letter to someone... the list is endless.
The last thing I should be doing right now is blogging. But I wanted to update you guys. My life is pretty busy but I'm enjoying it. I'd rather keep busy than have time to put things off. I think being busy has made me more productive. It can at times feel like I'm jumping through hoops frantically, but at the same time, I feel like I'm in my element.

I'm clearly very behind on blog reading, which I may endeavour to catch up on as and when I can. The thing about blogging is that you can't just blog, you have to read other people's blogs and comment, and in doing so, publicise your own blog. I'm not bothered with how many people follow me, but it's always good to network. But at the moment, I have no time to do this.

I have a new job; I work in our student's union shop. I absolutely love it; it's so much better than my last job, and no two shifts are the same. It's really helped to strengthen my communication skills, which is always good. This feels like a different person now. It's weird! I'm glad I'm not like that anymore.

I'm part of the Economics Society that we are collectively trying to resurrect, I mentor younger students who struggle with maths, I'm part of our team for the Universities' Business Challenge... and somehow I manage to squeeze going to the gym in there too.

Yesterday, I attended a science festival with my sisters. Here's a picture of me next to a boulder that travelled from the Lake District to Manchester during the ice age. Pretty cool, no? I like the picture because in comparison to the boulder, I feel really small and insignificant; which is humbling and refreshing.


That's all for now.

No comments: